QuietVue™ Storm Doors
Beautiful Doors that Protect your Entrance Door. Keep out unwanted noise, keep in heat while letting the light stream in, block heat in the summer, and more with a QuietVue Storm Door
The ordinary clear tempered glass found in most storm doors does a good job when it comes to protecting your home from wind and rain, but it does a poor job when it comes to handling the intense heat energy from the sun. A single pane of clear glass in a storm door blocks only 14% of the solar radiation from entering your home as heat (Solar Heat Gain) and allows 71% of the harmful UV radiation to pass through. LoE glass blocks much of this heat and UV which gives you the following benefits:
- LoE Glass Reduces Heat Build Up between the storm door and entry door which could lead to premature failure of your entrance door’s finish and weatherseals.
- Helps Keep Your Entrance Door and HandleCooler – no more “too hot to handle” entry door knobs and less heat to radiate through the entrance door into your home.
- Reduces Solar Heat Gain, which helps minimize the heating of interior surfaces (hardwood or tile floors, for example), reducing the load on your cooling system.
- Reduces Fading of interior carpets, furnishings, and hardwood floors, as well as the finish and hardware on your entrance door.
- Improves Insulating Value so you can leave your entry door open more often in winter to give your home a welcoming look.
- The Inside Surface of the Glass Stays Warmer in Winter, dramatically reducing the possibility of condensation on the inside of the glass.
- Full 4” wide x 1-1/4” Extruded Tubular Aluminum Main Frame with heavy duty .062” walls. With approximately 18 pounds of aluminum in the main frame alone (3’0” x 6’8” door), the QuietVueTM Storm Door has well over double the weight of a typical aluminum storm door…weight that you can feel when you operate it. The elegant moulded detail on the door face makes the door as visually appealing as it is strong.
- Insulated Glass models feature SuperSpacer® insulated glass spacer which achieves some of the very best thermal performance ratings in the industry.
- 5/8” Foam Insulated Laminated Kick Panel with a rigid hardboard outer substrate for better impact resistance and improved energy efficiency.
- Beautiful Mortise Type Latch with deadbolt for additional security. For added convenience, the deadbolt can be field re-keyed by a locksmith to match your existing Schlage® or Kwikset® entry door lockset.
- Two Color-Matched Pneumatic Closers for quiet,dependable operation.
- Strong Steel Drawbar-Type Corner Gusset with four screws at each frame corner for exceptional frame rigidity.
- Tough, Durable Enamel Paint Finishes are electrostatically applied for long lasting beauty.
- Fully Adjustable Extruded Aluminum Bottom Expander utilizes two TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) sweep seals which will not deteriorate or shrink over time, unlike commonly used rubber sweeps.
- The QuietVueTM is Factory Pre-Hung in a fully weatherstripped extruded aluminum Z-Bar Frame with 5 Oilite Bearing hinges. This is a time-tested and proven hinge design that will keep your door swinging perfectly for many years to come.
- Energy Saving Cardinal LoE2-270TM, LoE2 240TM, and LoE3 366TM tempered safety glass
- Custom Sizes are available so you can be sure that your new door will fit perfectly – no more “making a standard size fit”.
- French-Style Double Doors are available with an astragal bar specifically designed for this purpose.
- Grids Between the Glass (GBG) are available.
- Argon gas for insulated glass models increases the glass insulation value.